Andy Millard, Candidate for US House of Representatives for NC’s 10th Congressional District, wants to meet the 740,000 people of the district – or as many as he can! The current U.S. Congress has the lowest approval rating in history. Andy believes building a better congress starts with listening to people and getting first hand knowledge about their concerns.
In an effort to meet and hear from as many people in the district as possible, Andy will be pounding the pavement – literally! He is planning to “Tour the Tenth” – running, walking and cycling the entire length, width and breadth of the 10th Congressional District.
The tour will begin on Saturday, September 19 at the campaign headquarters at 60 Walker St. Columbus, NC and end at campaign headquarters on Friday, October 30.
- Andy will run, walk or cycle an average of 8 to 15 miles per day, stopping to visit communities and points of interest along the way.
- He plans to cover a total of 350 miles over a six-week period.
- Tour days are Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- The route will stick mainly to less-frequently traveled roads and avoid busy highways.
- A brightly decorated RV will accompany Andy on the tour.
- People are encouraged to join the tour, whether walking, running or stopping to talk.
The tour can be followed online at www.millardforcongress.com, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The tour calendar will be posted on the website, as well as weekly video updates. Log on to see when Andy will be in your neighborhood or watch your local paper for the dates when he will be in your community.