As Americans, we all share certain ideals: All people are created equal. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Liberty and justice for all. We have made great progress but still have much farther to go. As your congressman, I will:
- Seek to reform our criminal justice system and end policies that needlessly send too many of our young people to prison.
- Invest in state-of-the-art training for our law enforcement personnel.
- Fight for equal pay for women.
- Support women’s rights to make their own healthcare and reproductive decisions free from outside coercion or interference.
- Resist efforts to limit voting rights while striving to expand the voting rights of all citizens.
- Work to reform the treatment of addiction and substance abuse.
- Support efforts to reduce gun deaths through common-sense limits on the availability of military assault weapons, requirements for universal background checks, and the imposition of a reasonable “no fly/no buy” policy. (Please note: I do NOT advocate limiting the rights of law-abiding gun owners.)