Globalization has changed our local economy and left too many of our neighbors behind. The lack of jobs and business opportunity in the tenth district cries out for support from Washington. As your congressman, I will:
- Support the creation of a national infrastructure bank and New Markets Tax credit to improve opportunity in rural areas like the tenth district.
- Work toward universal affordable, reliable high-speed internet access for everyone, particularly those in rural areas like ours.
- Ensure equal pay for equal work regardless of gender, race or any other factor.
- Support an increase in the federal minimum wage.
- Promote tax fairness so that those at the top of the income scale pay their fair share.
- Support paid family and medical leave for all full-time workers.