As the world’s leader, the United States must engage with other nations. But the world is much more complex than it was just a few decades ago, and we cannot simply impose our will.
- Support efforts to defeat ISIS and other Middle East-based terror groups by working with our allies in the region.
- Resist the urge to commit U.S. forces unless there is no credible alternative.
- Oppose sending our military into harm’s way unless there is a clear mission, a clear end game, and a clear plan for caring for the wounded and scarred once they return home.
- Support Israel’s right to exist and defend itself.
- Support peaceful efforts for a two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinian people.
- Work to strengthen relationships with nations around the globe, especially our immediate neighbors Canada and Mexico.