As a former public school teacher and principal, I care deeply about public education.
Education is the great equalizer, and it must start with equal access to a quality public education for all Americans. Congress should renew its commitment to providing resources to school systems in disadvantaged areas.
As your congressman, I will:
- Support universal pre-Kindergarten, especially for poor and disadvantaged children.
- Fully fund special education.
- Explore refinancing options for college graduates with high-interest student loans.
- Work to reduce interest rates on college loans.
- Provide tax credits for companies that offer student loan payment support as part of their recruiting and retention efforts.
- Treat teachers with respect, and pay them like the valuable professionals they are.